[vsnet-nl 66] BZ Cam fading!

BZ Cam fading!

  M. Reszelski and H. Itoh independently detected the sudden fading of
the VY Scl-type variable BZ Cam.  The last fading (the second historical
fading) of BZ Cam occurred in 1998, which was discovered by T. Watanabe.
See the footnote for the 1998 fading.  Some time-series photometry
was obtained during the 1998 fading (Uemura et al.).  Similar time-series
photometry would be desirable during the present fading, which seems to
be of different nature from the 1998 one in its rate of fading.

  YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  observer
  20001208.758   121  (H. Maehara)
  20001209.817   122  (H. Maehara)
  20001222.919   127  (P. A. Dubovsky)
  20001223.589   122  (T. Watanabe)
  20001223.678   122  (H. Itoh)
  20001223.742   122  (H. Maehara)
  20001229.803   122  (H. Itoh)
  20010101.599   121  (H. Maehara)
  20010103.633   122  (H. Maehara)
  20010103.701   123  (T. Watanabe)
  20010106.635   122  (H. Itoh)
  20010112.637   121  (H. Itoh)
  20010116.824   126  (P. A. Dubovsky)
  20010117.542   123  (T. Watanabe)
  20010118.812   125  (P. A. Dubovsky)
  20010211.025   131  (M. Reszelski)
  20010211.526   131  (H. Itoh)

The 1998 fading:

[vsnet-alert 3544]

  Tsutomu Watanabe (VSOLJ) reports that the VY Scl-type variable BZ Cam
(also known as a pernament superhumper) may be fading.   Observers are
strongly urged to monitor its behavior, and time-series CCD observations of
superhumps are encouraged.

[vsnet-alert 3551]

From our observation on BZ Cam (VY Scl-type variable) of 3 Oct. (UT),
we confirmed BZ Cam fading about 1 mag. compared with the magnitude
of last year.  This is the second time of the fading phase in
the history of the observation on BZ Cam.  The follow-up observation
is encouraged.

Regards,
VSNET Collaboration team