[vsnet-newvar 1848] New variable stars in the fields of AS 323 and Pe 2-16

Dear colleagues,

I examined VRI photometry of the fields of AS 323, Pe2-16,
V443 Her and V503 Her taken with 40cm telescope at Brno
observatory in seven to ten nights in 2002 (some data were
taken together with Petr Sobotka and Jan Skalicky). The
images were processed automatically with respect to
comparison
stars measured by Henden (Henden & Munari 2000). The field
photometry was searched for new variable stars using
algorithm described e.g. in Pojmanski, 2000
(astro-ph/0005236), and implemented to VARFIND by Lukas Kral
(http://kral.astronomy.cz/soft/varfind/).

Four new variable stars and one suspected variable were
revealed.

Pej 008 = GSC 5126 3535 in the field of AS 323
RA=18:48:31.1, Dec=-06:42:49 (J2000)
The star is not in USNO A2.0 but is definitely red and thus
probably low amplitude semiregular. There are some technical
problems with processing I band images of this field so I do
not report I band magnitudes:
20020612.9188  11.59Rc
20020706.0113  11.64Rc
20020722.9653  11.61Rc
20020727.9024  11.67Rc
20020819.8681  11.42Rc
20020830.8435  11.34Rc
20021026.7493  11.36Rc
20020612.9208  13.95Vc
20020706.0133  13.94Vc
20020722.9676  13.94Vc
20020727.9022  13.98Vc
20020819.8680  13.73Vc
20020830.8434  13.73Vc
20021026.7491  13.63Vc

Pej 009 in the field of AS 323
RA=18:48:22.5, Dec=-06:43:13
The star is definitely very red on my images although USNO
A2.0 gives B-R=0.2 mag. This might be some higher amplitude
star. V band measurements are useless so I don't report
them:
20020612.9188  12.86Rc
20020706.0113  12.68Rc
20020722.9653  12.48Rc
20020727.9024  12.54Rc
20020819.8681  12.54Rc
20020830.8435  12.44Rc
20021026.7493  13.08Rc

Pej 010 in the field of AS 323
RA=18:48:16.4, Dec=-06:40:04
USNO A2.0 gives B-R=2.9 mag, perhaps low amplitude SR again.
20020612.9188  12.97Rc
20020706.0113  13.03Rc
20020722.9653  12.93Rc
20020727.9024  12.98Rc
20020819.8681  12.60Rc
20020830.8435  12.56Rc
20021026.7493  12.50Rc

Pej 011 in the field of Pe2-16
RA=18:54:04.2, Dec=-04:38:31.8
The star is not in USNO A2.0, but the colour is definitely
very red -> another probable low amplitude SR. No precise
photometry for stars in this field was published, so the
measurements are only _differential_ against GSC 5123 0380
(TYC2: V=11.4, B-V=0.6). Please not that quality of R band
measurements is low.
20020612.9243  1.84Ic
20020706.0163  1.90Ic
20020722.9703  1.99Ic
20020727.9063  2.00Ic
20020819.8721  1.76Ic
20020830.8474  1.77Ic
20021026.7533  1.83Ic
20020612.9255  4.09Rc
20020706.0175  4.09Rc
20020722.9719  4.64Rc
20020727.9061  4.08Rc
20020819.8726  3.68Rc
20020830.8472  3.60Rc
20021026.7531  3.91Rc

Also, star GSC 2076 0938 in the field V503 Her seems to be a
low amplitude variable star. However, it is not red and the
variations might be short period. Used observational pattern
also does not permit effective observations of stars with
short periods. Thus, this star remains to be "suspected".

Unfortunately, no new variable stars in the field of V443
Her.

Best regards,

Ondrej Pejcha