[vsnet-newvar 1782] (fwd) MisV1147 2MASS Photometry

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:18:28 -0500
From: DWest61506@aol.com
Subject: MisV1147 2MASS Photometry

At the American Astronomical Society meeting this week in Seattle I was able to obtain the preliminary 2MASS photometry for MisV1147.  Note, these numbers are preliminary and the official numbers will not be released until late February.

Position: 343.515675 +58.900448
J = 11.101
H = 10.186
K = 9.356

I compared J-K for MisV1147 in the table below to known YSO's.

YSO             Spectral    2MASS J-K
GW Ori      K3V:e       1.111
V1685 Cyg   B2      2.115
SU Aur      G2IIIevar   1.206
MWC 614     B9      1.009
MWC 296     B2Vne       0.375
MWC 275     A1V     1.442
MisV1147    B4      1.745

The J-K color of MisV1147 fits nicely into the range of known YSO's.  None of the observations have been de-reddened.

Regards,
Doug West
http://hometown.aol.com/dwest61506/index.html