[vsnet-newvar 812] Re: re HadV81 &/or NSV 11337

Re: re HadV81 &/or NSV 11337

> Though not a common occurrence, as I say, I've seen an instance or two, so
> I'd suggest this as an automatic test for all "new" variables that are
> found mostly due east of an NSV object, especially if that value is near 50
> or 75 years worth of RA precession [ie, the original position was quoted as
> 1900 or 1875 respectively, but was unfortunately catalogued as 1950 in the
> original CVS or wherever, whilst not having actually being converted to said].

   Returning to the original reference (Luyten, NSV11337 = AN 934.1936,
thanks to Yamaoka-san to find this identification), the situation has become
even more complex.  The literature gives the following coordinates.

  18h 39.5m  -24o 15' (1875.0)
  18  41.1   -24  14  (1900.0)

   The 1875.0 position looks more original, probably based on Cordova
Durchmusterung.  However, the precession from 1875.0 to 1900.0 makes
a diffference from the quoted value.  The 1875.0 position is more distant
from the HadV81 position.