[vsnet-newvar 632] (fwd) variability of GSC 4004 1031?

From: MaurPeter@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:34:30 EDT
Subject: variability of GSC 4004 1031?

Hello,

my name is Peter Maurer and I=B4m from Germany. I=B4m member of BAV, AFOEV a=
nd=20
AAVSO (AFOEV "mrp"; AAVSO "mpr"). I observe manly carbon stars. One of them=20
is LS Cas. In July I realised a new star in the field but I=B4m not sure if=20
I=B4ve just overlooked him before. I looked at him the next days but nothing=
=20
happens. Now it seems that the star becomes fainther. Since last week I can=20
use the Internet. An interesting point is, that the star is very bright on=20
DSS red plate but extremly fainth on blue plate. Therefore the star has to b=
e=20
extremly red.

Nevertheless, I=B4m not absolutely sure about the variability. It would be g=
ood=20
to have observations from other observers. The cange of light seems to be=20
very slow at the moment, but maybe the rise is very quick. My estimates so=20
far:
(JD 2 451 000+)

747 - 783      12.2    During this time the star was estimated very often at=
=20
clear                                                                      =20=
 =20
nights.=20
806              12.8     Unfortunatelly the weather becomes then very bad.=20=
I=20
have                            no chance to make more estimates.
834              13.0:     Because moon interferes, this estimate was not=20
good. But it=B4s clear now, that the star becomes somewhat fainther. Also=20
because the fainthness on the blue plate was so extrem, I tkink it=B4s bette=
r=20
now to send you a message.