[vsnet-lpv 119] (fwd) XX Dra outburst?

From: "Antonio de Ugarte Postigo" <de_ugarte@terra.es>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:14:05 +0100
Subject: Fw: XX Dra outburst

A. de Ugarte Postigo (CEDEA-INTA), A.J. Castro-Tirado (LAEFF-INTA & IAA-CSIC),
 M. Jelínek (Ondrejov Astronomical Observatory), Petr Kubánek (Ondrejov
Astronomical Observatory), T. Mateo Sanguino (CEDEA-INTA) and S. Vítek (CVUT,
Prague) on behalf of the BOOTES team report:

    We have detected an outburst of the poorly known variable star XX Dra
(R.A.: 19h 03m 58.9s Dec.:+49º 16' 30" ). We registerd this object with an I-band
magnitude of about 8 on images taken on 28 November 2002 at 20:24 UT. New
images taken on 29 November at 20:55 UT show a similar magnitude. This implies
an ongoing outburst with an amplitude of at least 4 magnitudes on the basis of
comparison with the BOOTES and BART archival images taken in July and
September 2002 respectively.