[vsnet-lpv 57] Faintening of V1970 Cyg

Dear all,

according to my recent estimates, the semiregular variable
V1970 Cyg is again in minimum (11 mag). Last minimum occured
just 400 days ago, thus confirming the 400: d periodicity in
IBVS 3677. The star is rather neglected in world databases.
There are two features which make me to ask for
observational help here:
1) star has very unusual shape of light curve among
semiregular variables - the ascending branch is very much
longer than descending
2) the deepness of last year minimum was catched by only one
estimate, the recent one by uncertain estimate and from my
observing site (balcony :-((( ) I cannot continue with
observing of V1970 Cyg until July.

Finding chart is available from MEDUZA website at
www.meduza.org. All observations should be sent to
obs@meduza.org.

Best regards,

Ondrej Pejcha