[vsnet-lpv 48] Re: QX Pup

Re: QX Pup

> To be strictly accurate (and less confusing!), QX Pup
> is the embedded, invisible Mira inside of the
> bipolar nebula OH 231.8+4.2.

   The light of the Mira star is already visible in the J-band (as the GCVS
tells).  I won't wonder if detectable Mira-type variability is recorded
in the I-band (observable with conventinal CCDs).

   There are a variety of stars at this or the following evolutionary stage,
some of which visible to human eyes compose favorite targets of variable
star observers.