[vsnet-ip 82] HT Cam: new data and analysis

HT Cam: new data and analysis

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new data from Morikawa-san and Arto Oksanen (Nyrola
Observatory).  We have also finished analyzing the entire data on Dec. 30
taken by Kyoto team and Torii-san (RIKEN).  We are currently analyzing
the Dec. 31 data, which show the object at mag near 16.  Torii-san also
reported on a successful observation on Dec. 31, stating that the
object had dramatically faded.

   The long-period wave (close to the orbital period) persisted until
Oksanen's observatiom i.e. nearly 4 mag below the maximum.  The best
period determined from the available observations is 0.064 d, which is,
however, subject to revision because overlapping modulations and slow
variations have not been yet removed.

   The short-term modulations (IP pulses, or QPOs?) were strong when
the system was between 14 and 15.  Later on, these modulations became
less promininent, although the corresponding signal persisted.

   A more detailed analysis will be performed later as new data and
newly analyzed data become available.

VSNET Collaboration team