[vsnet-image 12] New 2MASS selected variable in Auriga

See
http://www.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/Mail/vsnet-id-2mass/maillist.html
for details of this object under a posting of the same subject heading.
USNO PMM plate server images, and the original plates they come from,
are probably copyright, and restricted re publication on the web.

I present the following images as a one off example for reasons outlined
under the vsnet-id-2mass posting.  All rights and acknowledgements
belong to the respective owners of this data...

Four 3' fields from red plates were ordered [north is up] via the USNOFS
PMM survey plate server, all centred on the star under investigation.
They have been shrunk to quarter original size and colour depth reduced
to 16 colours.  Those interested can re-order fresh images from USNOFS.

From left to right the images are from 1953.025 [POSS I plate],
1989.765, 1990.090 and 1995.892 [last three are POSS II plates]. As can
be seen this star rivalled GSC 2910 00060 in brightness on 1990.090, was
"midway" in 1989.765, and quite faint in 1953.025 & 1995.892.

Cheers

John

GIF image