[vsnet-id 600] Re: [vsnet-gcvs 169] (fwd) GCVS errors for CVs

Re: [vsnet-gcvs 169] (fwd) [vsnet-id 599] Re: GCVS errors for CVs

   (Please remind that the best way (in VSNET) to relay a message to the
GCVS team is to use vsnet-gcvs, rather than vsnet-chat, to which only a
limited number of catalog compilers subscribe).

> I hope Taichi Kato's GCVS2000:
>
>   http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/gcvs/gcvs2000.all
>
> will be kept updated, including data in:
>
>   http://ftp.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/others/GCVS_REV/
>
> and all posts to vsnet-id!

    There is an existing format (as compiled in GCVS_REV) which can be
automatically extracted and reflected on the online catalog.  Upon past
postings by Brian Skiff and Timo Kinnunen, I asked Timo Kinnunen to post
these new IDs in this format.  Timo replied that he asks Brian to
compile them and post in the format, but we have not yet seen them to
appear to date...  If everyone (especially who has an incentive to updating
catalogs) follows the format and post all new IDs to vsnet-id or vsnet-gcvs,
your requested updates can be done automatically, even by a cron job.
[Note, however, owing to the network reconfiguration of the campus, we have
stopped archiving VSNET postings; I hope we can resume this within a month].

    Alternately you may also wish to check the online GCVS at SAI, which
is regularly updated and incorporate new IDs.  All information reported
via different routes will be eventually reflected to this catalog.  In this
sense, this best matches your requested ONE file.