[vsnet-id 380] Corrected ids. for 22 variables in Musca

Recently my friend Peter Williams of Heathcote, NSW, Australia contacted me
about the identity of NSV 6122. This star turned out to be identical with FW
Mus, but this is not really obvious when using an application such as Guide
ver.7 (latest issue, Sept. 1998) and certainly not to users of the printed
volume of the GCVS. There is a cohort of 22 variables in Musca, including FW
Mus, whose positions were badly in error  (up to 2.0min in RA), that it is
worth reminding observers that corrected positions have been published.  I
remind users, that Guide7 displays the _old_ positions.  The corrected
positions are,  for  1950.0 :
FF Mus     12h25m52.6s  -688'31"
FG Mus     12 37   44.8    -69 50 36
FI  Mus      12 45  54.8    -69 46 14
FK Mus     12 47  04.4    -70 12 09
FL  Mus     12 47  19.3    -70 25 55
FN Mus     12 50  53.4    -71 56 09
FO Mus     12 53  49.1    -67 45 55
FP Mus      12 55  06.7    -74 01 00
FQ Mus     12 55  10.3    -70 49 35
FR Mus      12 56  19.0    -67 53 00
FS Mus      12 56  59.2    -71 48 43
FT Mus      12 57  15.6    -71 03 36
FU Mus     12 59  59.4     -67 37 19
FV Mus     13 07  38.8     -73 21 26
FW Mus    13 08  04.8     -68 16 43
FX Mus     13 13  31.6     -67 36 42
FY Mus     13 14  59.4     -67 29 51
GG Mus     13 26  49.9    -72 35 37
GI Mus       13 28 36.8    -73 02 27

These results were originally reported in two places, to my knowledge, to
higher levels of precision. See :-
.  Lopez, C. E. and Girard, T.M.  1990.  P.A.S.P.  102,655  (Sept. 1990).
.  Lopez, C.E.  1989. Journal AAVSO 18 (2),139

I assume that these corrections have by now been made in the GCVS database.

Regards,
Mati Morel

Thornton NSW
1518' E   -326'