[vsnet-id 323] Re: 'The Astronomer' variable

Re: 'The Astronomer' variable

   I have noticed on the TA website the new variable called J0712+296.
I had frequently seen this name (and GEMJ0712+296) in reports to VSNET.
I haven't had even any idea this name comes from the TA.  What is the
difference between 'J'-series and the TAV/TASV series?  Should we use
designation or should we avoid (as in Q cases) using this?

   [The variable had been apparently independently noted by Wakuda,
with a tentative designation of WSV45.  If the identification had been
noticed earlier, the nature of the object might have been revealed
years ago].