[vsnet-id 162] On Masi's variable and MisV0719

On Masi's variable and MisV0719

> In case of MisV0719, it is clear that Gianluca is the first
> discoverer, if Gianluca's web page had been open before late
> 1999. Thank you for your pointing, Gianluca. However, I will write a
> paper on the MisV0719 and other MisV stars for the IBVS in the
> future. In that case, what can I do? I guess I can only refer to the
> URL of the Gianluca's web page, although it is not too good because
> the contents of web pages can be changed or deleted. And I will write
> something like, "MisV0719 is described as a variable star on Masi's
> web page. We independently discovered the variability", although the
> light curve was already obtained...

    Getting back old records, the discovery announcement of Masi's variable
near M27 was made in vsnet-alert 1096 (1997 August),

   http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/Mail/vsnet-alert/msg01096.html

   and some details were provided in the subsequent vsnet-alert messages.

   This occasion was indeed substantially earlier than I start regularly
updating "newvar.cat", so was unfortunately overlooked when comparing with
the MISAO variable.  I had known from his page Masi had been suggested to
write an IBVS paper on this variable, I had a prejudice such a well-observed
variable should have been incorporated in any of recent GCVS/NSV updates!