[vsnet-id 135] V4641 Sgr and GM Sgr

V4641 Sgr and GM Sgr

Dear Colleagues,

   As Dr. Skiff has introduced in vsnet-chat 2343, the GCVS team has decided
to assign a new designatation V4641 Sgr to our former 'GM Sgr', the optical
counterpart of the flaring X-ray transient = SAX J1819.3-2525 = XTE J1819-254
(I don't think it appropriate to classify it as an early-type cataclysmic,
cf IAUC 7277, though).  We can update the object names accordingly in my
personal database, but we will face a severe difficulty in automatically
discriminating, as done in the VSNET data browser, differenct GM Sgr's
intended for Luyten's variable and the X-ray object.  In order to avoid
further confusion, please use SGRGMLuyten (in the VSNET format for vsnet-obs)
for explicitly denoting Luyten's GM Sgr (now officially designated).
Both SGRV4641 and SGRGM will be converted to SGRV4641.

   acceptable reporting names    finally converted name
   SGRV4641                      SGRV4641
   SGRGM (not recommended)       SGRV4641
   SGRGMLuyten                   SGRGM