[vsnet-id-2mass 15] (fwd) re vsnet-id-2mass 11

Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:55:07 +0000
From: no name <crawl@zoom.co.uk>
Subject: re vsnet-id-2mass 11

Dear Taichi Kato

CONGRATULATIONS:

In vsnet-id-2mass you noted a bright 2mass star at 023745.830 +583044.57
and suggested it may be variable, due to it's redness relative to USNO
A2 etc.

Well, _you_were_right_!!!!!

I've ordered the plates from the USNOFS CFRA server, and the
variablility of this object relative to other nearby stars is clear.
Field is 3 arcmins, centred on object star.  I've found no other object
at this position [except USNO A], not even an IRAS one. SIMBAD _via_
Aladin [I have no proper SIMBAD account] gives nothing either, but I
suppose obscure C or S star catalogues are still a possibility [most are
in SIMBAD though]!

  xxx

Meanwhile, if you want 2MASS J, H and K GIFs of the same object, use the
following URL

http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/applications/2MASS/ReleaseVis/

  xxx

USNOFS CFRA server:
http://vsnet.nofs.navy.mil/data/FchPix/cfra.html

Congrats again: you'll have to think up a suitable acronym now [eg
KatoV001], especially as all your rosat 2mass etc xIDs are bound to turn
up more over time ;)

Cheers

John

John Greaves, UK