[vsnet-history 1824] KV And and GX Cas (Kinnunen)

From: TKINNUNEN@hylkn1.Helsinki.FI
Date:         2 Dec 93 12:35:46 EET
Subject:      Re: superoutburst of KV And

> To: <varstars@ftp.funet.fi>
> Subject: superoutburst of KV And
> Apparently-To: varstars@lists.funet.fi
>
>    The object is located at:
>
>       02h 14m 08s.35  +40 27' 34".6    (1950)
>       14.6-22.5:p (GCVS4)
>
>       finding chart: Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific 105, 127 (1993)
>
>   If you are interested in our joint program, please inform me.
>
>   Taichi Kato
>   Kyoto University

       Hello,
         My name is Timo Kinnunen. I have had a period of no
     v.s. observations, but still I am interested about this
     star. And maybe some others also.

         And please let me know if a dwarf nova GX Cas is in
     your observing programme. I have seen the star with dis-
     tinctly two kinds of outbursts. The brighter ones with
     magnitude 13-13.5, which says the star is among the
     brightest in that constellation! Still goes unobserved.
     I propose that these maxima are super-ones, and most
     likely have superhumps, easily detected by your instru-
     ments.

         The reason for ignorance about this star may be the
     displacement in the first version of AAVSO preliminary
     chart. On request I will send a chart with corrected
     position.

                                  Timo Kinnunen

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku