[vsnet-history 1744] Re: PG CVs (Ringwald)

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 14:10:17 +0000 (WET)
From: Fred Ringwald <far@astro.keele.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: your mail

Dear Dr. Kato:

Thanks very much for your e-mail, and the information on the PG CVs. Are these
observations published anywhere, so I could cite them, or should I just say "T.
Kato, private communication"? If so, please send me a preprint, when you do
publish.

-- You wrote:
> I would like to urge our observers to monitor the rest of the objects
> (except for NL stars which are unlikely to show outbursts)...If you are
> interested in our project, I will add you in our e-mail circulation list.

Please do!

-- You wrote:
> PS.  My chief interest is optical time-variabilities and instabilities
> of CVs and XBs, esp. superhumps, QPOs.

Wonderful stuff! But of course I would say this, since Joe Patterson was on my
thesis committee. ;-)

Fred Ringwald                        ... to further the progress of science,
Department of Physics                    to guide to an understanding
Keele University, Keele                       of the majesty of the heavens,
Staffordshire, ST5 5BG                   to emphasize that
England                                 under the great celestial firmament,
                                 there is order, interdependence, and unity.
Internet: far@astro.keele.ac.uk               -- Adler Planetarium, Chicago
JANET: FAR@UK.AC.KEELE.PHYSICS.STARLINK
DECnet: KLVAD::FAR   Phone: +44-0782-621111 ext. 7892  Fax: +44-0782-711093