[vsnet-history 1742] Re: PG CVs (to Ringwald)

subject: PG CVs

Dear Dr. Fred Ringwald,

     Thank you for you e-mail.  It is our great pleasure to exchange
observations and information on CVs.  Our team (VSOLJ members or FSPACE
members) has monitored some of stars in your list.
     PG 0943+521 is one of the best observed, and we are now preparing a
paper on this star.  Our observations have confirmed this object to be
a ZC star with frequent outbursts, just like CN Ori or TZ Per.  A short
standstill has been identified.
     HX Peg has been monitored by one of our members, and has been
identified as a dwarf nova.  It is not clear at this time whether this
object belongs to UG or ZC subtypes.
     V795 Her and V825 Her have been frequently monitored, but showed
little variation and their NL nature seems to be confirmed.
     Less frequent observations have been reported on HS Vir and SS UMi.

     I would like to urge our observers to monitor the rest of the objects
(except for NL stars which are unlikely to show outbursts).  We are ready
to inform any observers of our nightly individual variable star observations
(just as you may have been receiving from Mike Boschat) for immediate
follow-up observations.  If you are interested in our project, I will add
you in our e-mail circulation list.

Kyoto University

PS.  My chief interest is optical time-variabilities and instabilities
of CVs and XBs, esp. superhumps, QPOs.

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku