[vsnet-history 1713] V493 Lyr (Van Cauteren)

Date: 03 Nov 93 16:06:36 EST
From: Paul Van Cauteren <73064.1123@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: outburst S10930 Lyrae

Dear mr Kato,

I refer to my mail message dated october 24 and to TA-circular nr 784
dd october 25 where I reported an outburst of S10930 Lyrae, magnitude
13.9 on october 24,77 .
I just learned from Gary Poyner that John Bortle already observed the
outburst  on october 24,006 ; magnitude 14.3 .
However you reported a negative observation made bij mr Iida with a CCD
camera on october 24,491  <17.0 . This observations is contradictory
with mr Bortle's observation.
Wld you please take up this matter with Mr Iida again and confirm the
negative observation?
I would be interested to receive the CCD image via e-mail, to compare
it with the image made by our Luc Vanhoeck.

Thanks for your reply

Best regards,

Paul