[vsnet-history 1534] GRO J0422+32 (Wagner)

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 17:28:55 MST
From: rmw@altair.lowell.edu (R. Mark Wagner)
Subject: Re: GRO J0422+32 mag.

Dear Dr. Kato:

I am interested in the recent visual magnitude estimates reported by Takahashi
and Poyner.  Are the measurements on Sep 14 and 18 upper limits?  Is the
measurement on Sep 19 of 15.5 an upper limit also or a real detection?
I have a V-band CCD frame obtained on Sep 19.49 at the Perkins 1.8-m
telescope which gives V = 18.97.  Did we observe a third outburst here
and see it turn off in less than half a day?

Best regards, Mark Wagner