[vsnet-history 775] Nova Oph 1993 (Camilleri)

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 93 21:20:55 +1000
From: camiller@latcs1.lat.oz.au (Paul Camilleri)

To:   Janet Matti    :aavso@cfa0.harvard.edu
From: Paul Camilleri :camiller@latcs1.lat.oz.au
Subject: PeP magnitudes of some Comparison stars for Nova Oph 93

Janet,
Mati Morel gave me some good PeP measures for some stars close to
Nova Oph 93, their positions measured from Atals Stellarum are:

           (1950.0)               V      Off sets from Nova
Star 1> 17h 21.4m  -22d 46'      8.60    36" RA West & 21' North
Star 2> 17h 22.3m  -22d 49'      9.35    12" RA East & 17' North
Star 3> 17h 23.05m -23d 07'      8.19    60" RA East & same dec as Nova.

The off sets may not be that accurate as Mati Morel gave me these using
my first rough position 1722.1 -2309, Rob has got accurate positions as I
hope you will have them by now.

These magnitudes will be used on the RASNZ VSS Chart for this nova, I
should have a chart tomorrow or the next day and I will try to get a copy
faxed to you, I will also email the GSC Numbers of the comparisons to you
as soon as I have them.

My latest observations on April 18.81ut gave V = star 2 (9.35) which I
rounded as 9.4v. Matt Greenhouse is flying the KAO from Christchurch
New Zealand taking off at 7 hours ut about Now, he told me he hopes to be
able to fit the nova in the observing schedule, so I hope to hear of a
positive result some time tomorrow.

I will be in touch as soon I have some information on the comparisons
stars.
Cheers,Paul