[vsnet-history 650] SN 1993J (de Vaucouleurs)

Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 19:15:32 GMT
From: gav@astro.as.utexas.edu (Gerard de Vaucouleurs)
Subject: SN1993J

Dear Dr. Kato,
Many thanks for your valuable observations. Your observatory seems to
have continually good weather! Please give my greetings to my good
friend Dr. Ishida, if you have occasion to communicate with him.
As the memo which must have reached you a few minutes ago indicates
there is a great need for genuine UBVRI observations with a standard
photoelectric photometer, not just a CCD which may not transform
well to Johnson B,V.  Such observations would be especially valuable
to double-check the zero point of Corwin's photometry for star B
(which I trust, but the star could be variable) and to verify the
magnitude of starC which was not observed at McDonald Obs. and will
soon be important as the supernova declines.
Best regards,
G. de Vaucouleurs (gav@astro.as.utexas.edu)