[vsnet-history 550] SN 1993J in M81 (from nova net)

Date:    Tue, 30 Mar 93 12:24:21 PST
From: alex%bkyim.hepnet@Lbl.Gov (ALEX FILIPPENKO, UC BERKELEY, 510-642-1813)
Subject: PPS

   3-30-93
SN 1993J observers:
   One or two more things before I have to leave my office for the
afternoon:
   (1) Please try to get the widest spectral coverage, even if it
means a loss of spectral resolution. 3100-10000 Ang is great for
"optical" observers. We need to overlap with the space-UV and also
the IR.
   (2) This is a great "cloudy night" project --- spectra can be
smoothed, etc. The more coverage we have, the better. We can weed
out the worst spectra later, if there is an overabundance of data.
You can actually observe tenth mag stars through VERY THICK CLOUDS!
Just try to get the SN and the local standard.
   Let me know what's happening, especially in the ground-based optical
effort.
   Best of luck!
   Alex Filippenko

Return to Home Page