[vsnet-history 110] Re: NSV04154 (Kato)

Dear Paul,

     Thank you for your e-mail.  I have announced your request for variable
star observations to our observers.  NSV04154 is located too south for this
observatory (hindered only by about a few degree) and it is not possible
to get CCD pictures.
     I have searched NSV04154 through the catalogs stored in the disk of our
disk and got the following identification.

   NSV04154 = IRAS08348-3617 083453.7 -361707 (1950.0)
               The IR fluxes suggest that the star is not dust-rich.
               Inclusion in IRAS-PSC supports the idea that the star may
               be a Mira variable.
            = GCSS533 083648.4 -362730 (2000.0)
               S-type star (rather rare among Miras)
   This object was formerly independently discovered by Wakuda and listed
in his catalog of suspected variable stars.  I'm not sure whether he is
still searching for novae.

Return to the Daisaku Nogami