[vsnet-grb-info 1213] XRF030723, BVRcIc field photometry

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  2317
SUBJECT: XRF030723, BVRcIc field photometry
DATE:    03/07/24 19:18:06 GMT
FROM:    Arne A. Henden at USNO/USRA  <aah@nofs.navy.mil>

A. Henden (USRA/USNO) reports on behalf of the USNO GRB team:

We have acquired BVRcIc all-sky photometry for
a 11x11 arcmin field centered at the coordinates
of the SXC error box for the HETE burst XRF030723 (Prigozhin
et al., GCN 2313) with the USNOFS 1.0-m telescope on one
photometric night.  Stars brighter than V=13.5 are saturated and
should be used with care.  We have placed the photometric data
on our anonymous ftp site:
ftp://ftp.nofs.navy.mil/pub/outgoing/aah/grb/grb030723.dat
The astrometry in this file is based on linear plate solutions
with respect to UCAC2.  The external errors are less than 100mas.
However, this field was observed at high airmass and with
incoming clouds, so the photometric zeropoint accuracy is
about 0.03mag with the potential of a larger systematic error.

We do not intend to reobserve this field unless an optical
transient is discovered.  As always, however, you should check
the dates on the .dat file prior to final publication in case
further observations are made.

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami