[vsnet-grb-info 983] GRB 030329: SARA Optical Observations

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  2101
SUBJECT: GRB 030329: SARA Optical Observations
DATE:    03/04/05 19:01:07 GMT
FROM:    Kevin Lindsay at Clemson.U  <jlkevin@compton.phys.clemson.edu>

K. Lindsay (Clemson University)

Report on behalf of a larger collaboration:

We observed the optical afterglow of GRB 030329,
(=H2656, Vanderspek et al. GCN 1997), identified
by Peterson & Price (GCN 1985) and Torii (GCN 1986),
in the Johnson B-Band with the SARA 0.9m telescope at
KPNO. We obtained 30, 300s exposures.  Observations
began at 03:03:38UT, and ended at 05:32:40UT, on April
5th.  The obsevations were carried out under good
seeing conditions.  Aperture photometry is being
carried out, and further observations are planned.

We thank SARA Observatory director Dr. Jim Webb, and
FIU graduate student Emily Howard for making part of
their observing time available to us.

More information on the SARA Observatory
can be found at http://www.saraobservatory.org/.

This report may be cited.