[vsnet-grb-info 887] GRB030329 optical observations

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  2016
SUBJECT: GRB030329 optical observations
DATE:    03/03/30 06:34:21 GMT
FROM:    Gianluca Masi at Bellatrix Astronomical Obs  <gianluca@bellatrixobservatory.org>

G. Masi (University of Rome " Tor Vergata" and ESO),
F. Mallia, U. Tagliaferri (Osservatorio Astronomico di Campo Catino, Italy),
B. L. Jensen and J. Hjorth (University of Copenhagen),
M. I. Andersen (Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam) report:

We imaged the field around the OT located by Peterson & Price (GCN 1985) and
Torii (GCN 1986), using the Campo Catino Automated Telescope (0.4-m f/8) +
CCD (unfiltered, but peaking in the red part of the spectrum) on Mar 29.9621
UT. The source was bright and our astrometry provided a position in
excellent agreement with that in GCN 1994 (Uemura et al.). Using the R
magnitudes for the USNO SA2.0 stars in the field, we obtained a preliminary
magnitude of CR = 14.5.

This message can be cited.

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku