[vsnet-grb-info 770] GRB030227: Kiso optical observations

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1900
SUBJECT: GRB030227: Kiso optical observations
DATE:    03/02/27 17:19:43 GMT
FROM:    Yuji Urata at RIKEN  <urata@crab.riken.go.jp>

H. Izumiura (OAO)
T. Aoki, Y. Urata on behalf of the KISO GRB Team report:

"We have observed the entire error circle of GRB030227 (Gotz et
al. GCN1895, 1896) with Kiso 1.05 Schmidt telescope starting at Feb
27. 10:43 UT (2.1 h after the burst). Multi band images were taken
with 2k x 2k CCD camera (50' x 50' field of view).

Our data;
Date  Time (UT)    Exposure  Limiting mag.(R, SN=3)
02-27 10:43-10:48  300sec    20.3
02-27 12:44-12:54  600sec    20.9

 From a comparison with the DSS-2 images we did not identify any new
point source for the GRB down to the limiting magnitude. Limiting
magnitudes were estimated by comparison with USNO-A2.0 red magnitudes
of many field stars.  We also could not identify any variable objects
in the region using a PSF matched image subtraction method.

In our first frame, a minor planets Busch was located in the error
circle."

This message may be cited.