[vsnet-grb-info 761] GRB030226: optical observation

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1892
SUBJECT: GRB030226: optical observation
DATE:    03/02/27 02:29:12 GMT
FROM:    Adriano Guarnieri at O.A.di Bologna  <adriano@astbo3.bo.astro.it>

A. Guarnieri, (Bologna University), L. Cortese (Milano Bicocca University),
C.Bartolini, A.Piccioni, R.Gualandi, S. Bernabei (Bologna University and
Bologna Astronomical Observatory), and G. Pizzichini (IASF-CNR, Sezione di
Bologna) report:

On 2003, February 27, 01h19m57s UT we started an observation of the afterglow
of GRB030226 (Fox,Chen and Price, GCN 1879) with the 152 cm telescope in Loiano,
(R band, 900 sec exposure). Using the calibration stars A and B of Garnavich,
von Braun and Stanek (GCN 1885), we preliminary estimate the brightness of the
OT at R = 20.4. Further observations in B, V, R, I bands are in progress.

This message may be cited.