[vsnet-grb-info 664] IPN triangulation of GRB030105 (large error box)

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1796
SUBJECT: IPN triangulation of GRB030105 (large error box)
DATE:    03/01/09 23:29:15 GMT
FROM:    Kevin Hurley at UCBerkeley/SSL  <khurley@sunspot.ssl.berkeley.edu>

K. Hurley, on behalf of the Ulysses and Mars Odyssey GRB teams,

I. Mitrofanov, D. Anfimov, A. Kozyrev, M. Litvak, and A. Sanin, on
behalf of the HEND-Odyssey GRB team,

W. Boynton, C. Fellows, K. Harshman, C. Shinohara and R. Starr, on
behalf of the GRS-Odyssey GRB team,

E. Mazets and S. Golenetskii, on behalf of the Konus-Wind GRB team,

D. M. Smith, R. P. Lin, J. McTiernan, R. Schwartz, C. Wigger, W.
Hajdas, and A. Zehnder, on behalf of the RHESSI GRB team,

A. von Kienlin, G. Lichti, and A. Rau, on behalf of the
INTEGRAL SPI-ACS GRB team, and

T. Cline, on behalf of the Ulysses, Konus, and Mars Odyssey
GRB teams, report:

Konus-Wind, Mars Odyssey (HEND and GRS), and RHESSI also observed this
burst (GCN 1788).  We have triangulated it to a preliminary annulus
centered at RA, Decl. (2000) = 50.165, +17.735 degrees, whose radius is
58.484 +/- 0.030 degrees (3 sigma).  The Konus ecliptic latitude
response (-55 to -15 degrees), combined with the four-spacecraft
triangulation, constrains the arrival direction to that portion of the
annulus between RA, Decl. = 82, -32 and 109, +7 degrees.

This localization can be improved, but as the burst was
not observed by Ulysses, a small error box cannot be obtained for it.