[vsnet-grb-info 498] GRB021004: Optical Observations

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1638
SUBJECT: GRB021004: Optical Observations
DATE:    02/10/16 20:03:06 GMT
FROM:    Kevin Lindsay at Clemson U  <jlkevin@clemson.edu>

Kevin Lindsay, Dieter H. Hartmann, Keith Davis,
Mark Leising (Clemson University)

We have observed the optical afterglow of GRB021004,
originally reported by Fox et al., GCN 1564, with the
SARA 0.9m telescope at KPNO.  We obtained 16 300s
exposures in the Johnson R band filter.  Observations
began at 06:46:17UT, and ended at 08:09:02UT, on October
9th.  The observations were carried out under good seeing
conditions.  Aperature photometry was performed, and
calibrated utilizing standards reported by Henden et al.,
GCN 1583.

We find a mean R magnitude of 21.2 +- 0.2

More information on the SARA Observatory can be found
at http://www.saraobservatory.org/.

This report may be cited.