[vsnet-grb-info 327] GRB020813, astrometric position

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1478
SUBJECT: GRB020813, astrometric position
DATE:    02/08/13 16:29:56 GMT
FROM:    Arne A. Henden at USNO/USRA  <aah@nofs.navy.mil>

A. Henden (USRA/USNO) and H. Guetter (USNO),
on behalf of the USNO GRB Team, report:

We have imaged the field of GRB020813 (GCN 1471),
containing the afterglow candidate reported by
Fox et al. (GCN 1470).  Two Ic-band exposures were made
with the USNO 1.55m Strand astrometric telescope, centered at
020813.2974 UT.  Rhoads et al. (GCN 1474) reported coordinates
using USNO-A2.0; we have independently derived the position
of the afterglow candidate using the UCAC2 astrometric catalog.
Our position is:

19:46:41.874  -19:36:04.81  (J2000)

with an estimated uncertainty of under 50mas in each
coordinate.

The 1.0m telescope is undergoing repairs, but should
be available starting UT 020815.  Our intention is to
calibrate this field at UBVRI shortly after this date
unless other calibration is published in the interim.