[vsnet-grb-info 256] GRB020531 Optical observations with TAROT

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1421
SUBJECT: GRB020531  Optical observations with TAROT
DATE:    02/06/11 14:33:39 GMT
FROM:    Michel Boer at CESR-CNRS  <Michel.Boer@cesr.fr>

The mailer has formatted the previous circular in an almost un-readable
way. Below the text, I hope it will be readable this time. My apologies,
Michel

A. Klotz, M. Boer (CESR/OMP/CNRS), and J.L. Atteia (LAT/OMP/CNRS), on
behalf of the TAROT collaboration communicate:
Following our first analysis (Boer et al., GCN #1408), we performed a
refined analysis of the images acquired by TAROT after the alert sent by
HETE for GRB 020531 (Ricker et al., GCN #1399).  Within the IPN error
box we find a 3 sigma excess, elongated in the direction of the
telescope aberration, at the following position: RA = 15h15m12s, DEC =
-19°24’33”, with an error box of 7 arcsec, and a magnitude of 17.5.
Though this possible source is close to CXOU J151514.1-192428 (source #
56 in Butler et al., GCN #1415) both sources seem different.

In addition, the exposures taken by TAROT started at 01h54m28s UT, 6s
after the alert was sent by the GCN (and not 50s as mentioned in the
earlier circular).

This message is citeable