[vsnet-grb-info 157] IPN localization of GRB050402

TITLE:   GCN GRB OBSERVATION REPORT
NUMBER:  1325
SUBJECT: IPN localization of GRB050402
DATE:    02/04/05 17:18:58 GMT
FROM:    Kevin Hurley at UCBerkeley/SSL  <khurley@sunspot.ssl.berkeley.edu>

K. Hurley and T. Cline, on behalf of the Ulysses GRB team, F. Frontera,
C. Guidorzi, and E. Montanari, on behalf of the BeppoSAX GRBM team, I.
Mitrofanov, D. Anfimov and M. Litvak on behalf on HEND/Odyssey GRB
team, and W. Boynton, C. Fellows, K. Harshman, and C. Shinohara, on
behalf of the GRS/Odyssey GRB team, report:

Ulysses, Mars Odyssey - HEND, and BeppoSAX observed this GRB at 02486 s.
As observed by Ulysses, it had a duration of ~40 seconds, a
25-100 keV fluence of ~3x10^-5 erg/cm2, and a peak flux of
~10^-6 erg/cm2 s over 0.5 s.

We have triangulated it to a preliminary, 3 sigma error box
with approximate area 75 square arcminutes whose coordinates
are:

ERROR BOX CENTER:  209.543  -31.388
ERROR BOX CORNER:  209.216  -31.393
ERROR BOX CORNER:  209.594  -31.350
ERROR BOX CORNER:  209.491  -31.425
ERROR BOX CORNER:  209.873  -31.381

This error box can be improved.

With this burst, we announce the resumption of IPN activities
with the Mars Odyssey spacecraft.  We had intended to announce
this with a GCN message prior to the localization of our first
burst; that announcement will now be sent sometime next week.