[vsnet-gcvs 311] Re: Variable Stars

Re: Variable Stars

>    For FASTT, we just divided systems into 4 categories:  eclipsing
> (a few low data points), flaring (a few bright data points), short
> period variables, and long period variables.

   Note that these "broad" classification pretty well match the NSV
(and sometimes in GCVS) classification scheme.  E: S: LP (in the old
GCVS versions).  Flaring objects need to be more throughly checked before
assigning a classifcation (the VSNET team can naturally help much in this
subject :-).  One can also find similar examples in the classfication scheme
of Hipparcos variable stars.