[vsnet-gcvs 53] Re: [vsnet-chat 4103] QR And in Downes et al.

Re: [vsnet-chat 4103] QR And in Downes et al.

> I have found in the recent catalogue of Downes et al. that
> QR And (= RXJ 0019.8 +2156) is classified as "non-cv". I
> have ever thought that it is super-soft-X-ray-source similar
> to V Sge. Where this classification came from? And what is
> the recent classification of QR And?

   Downes et al. seem to don't regard supersoft X-ray sources as CVs.
Another Galactic supersoft X-ray source MR Vel is lacking, neither numerous
LMC/SMC sources.  I wonder therther they may be considering these object
closer to symbiotic stars (?) or non white-dwarf binaries (??).
I also wonder what would be the final GCVS classifications of these
objects.