[vsnet-ecl 510] Re: KV CMa

In message "[vsnet-campaign-ecl 43] Re: (fwd) Re: KV CMa",
Sebastian Otero wrote...
 >From Hipparcos and my observations the eclipse lasts probably more than 1
 >day. Tonight I will be observing too.

My recent observation of KV CMa are;

CMAKV 20020122.540 7.25V Kis
CMAKV 20020122.540 7.39Ic Kis
CMAKV 20020122.540 7.03B Kis
CMAKV 20020123.493 7.23V Kis
CMAKV 20020123.493 7.39Ic Kis
CMAKV 20020123.493 7.00B Kis
CMAKV 20020124.494 7.24V Kis
CMAKV 20020124.494 7.43Ic Kis
CMAKV 20020124.494 7.02B Kis

My last observations are 7.22V on Feb 15 and 16, 2001.
All observations match very well, thus I think that these are the magnitude at out of eclipse in my instruments.
From my and Mr. Otero's observations, I think that duration of eclipse is one day or less.
It is very short! We need day-to-day monitoring to catch next ellipse.

Anyway,

Minimum timings of KV CMa were reported as follows;

2448353.5 HIPPARCOS
2451954.6 Otero
2452296.6 Otero

Difference of two minima observed by Mr. Otero is 342 day.
Difference between HIPPARCOS and Otero’s are 3601d and 3943d, respectively.

3601/342=10.5
3943/342=11.5

So, I estimate that period of KV CMa is 171d.
I do not examine possibility that true period is 171/n or not, yet.

                               Seichiro Kiyota

----
 Seiichiro Kiyota  skiyota@nias.affrc.go.jp
 Laboratory of Stress Physiology
 National Insititute of Agrobiological Science
 Tel:81-298-38-8384
 Fax:81-298-38-8347