[vsnet-conference 12] (fwd) Supernovae (10 years of SN 1993J)

From: "Kurt W. Weiler" <weiler@rsd.nrl.navy.mil>
Subject: SUPERNOVAE (10 YEARS OF SN1993J) -- Meeting 22-26 April 2003 in Valencia, Spain
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:28:22 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

I am sure that most of you will receive this announce more than once through
different mailing lists.  My apologies.

However, we will soon be editing the lists down to one master list.

If you DO NOT want to be included on that master list for future
announcements, please drop me an e-mail telling me so, and letting me know
which e-mail address you received the announcement under so that we can
purge
it.

Regards, Kurt

Dr. Kurt W. Weiler
NRL - Code 7213
Naval Research Laboratory
Washington, DC 20375-5320
Tel: 202-767-0292
Fax: 202-404-8894
E-mail: weiler@rsd.nrl.navy.mil

You might receive this announcement several times through different paths
in our attempt to give broad distribution to the announcement. We apologize
in advance.
 -Jon Marcaide & Kurt Weiler

                  ==Please forward to whomever might be interested==

                                  SUPERNOVAE

                            (10 YEARS OF SN1993J)

                      22-26 April 2003, Valencia, Spain

                  Web site: http://www.uv.es/2003supernovae/

                Contact E-Mail of the LOC: sne2003@reber.uv.es

A large conference on supernovae and related phenomena is being organized
to take place on April 22-26, 2003 in Valencia, Spain, with the occasion of
the tenth anniversary of SN 1993J. In the conference, all aspects of
supernova research will be covered: theoretical aspects like nucleosynthesis
and explosion mechanisms, progenitor stars, pulsar and SNR formation,
interaction with the circumstellar medium, particle acceleration
mechanisms... And observational aspects including IR, optical, radio, X-ray,
and gamma-ray studies of both Type I and II objects. Supernova cosmology
and GRBs will also be extensively covered.

About 12 Review talks, 16 Invited talks, 50 contributed talks and up to 150
posters are foreseen. Proceedings of the Conference will be published.

Attendance will be limited to 300 participants by the capacity of the
Auditorium of the Museum of Science (Museo de las Ciencias Pr邇cipe Felipe),
where the conference will take place. The Auditorium is outfitted with the
most modern technologies and each seat will have at all times fast direct
access to internet.

The Museum of Science is an outstanding example of modern architecture, and
part of a larger Science and Arts complex (please, see http://www.cac.es ).
The complex is placed within the city limits of Valencia (population
800,000) surrounded by the Valencian metropolitan area with 1.5 million
people on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and equidistant from Madrid and
Barcelona.

  SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZING      S. Blinnikov (Russia), R. Canal (Spain),
  COMMITTEE:                 R. Chevalier (USA), C. Fransson (Sweden),
                             S. Kulkarni (USA), B. Leibundgut (Germany),
                             J.M. Marcaide (co-chair, Spain), K. Nomoto
                             (Japan), E. Pian (Italy), M. Rees (Great
                             Britain), B. Schmidt (Australia), S. Van den
                             Bergh (Canada), K. Weiler (co-chair, USA)

  LOCAL ORGANIZING           A. Alberdi, J.C. Guirado (co-chair), J.M.
  COMMITTEE:                 Marcaide (co-chair), V. Pelegero, M.A.
                             P蜥ez-Torres, E. Ros, M. Toharia

Hotel accommodation at walking distance from the Museo de las Ciencias will
be arranged for all conference participants by the LOC and a conference
company. Details will be provided in the Second Announcement.

The registration fee will be 300 EUR (260 USD). It will cover many local
expenses (coffee, banquet, etc.) and a copy of the Conference Proceedings.
Partial support for young researchers will be contingent on final funding
available. It will be announced later on.

Please indicate your interest in attending the conference by filling in the
registration form at http://www.uv.es/2003supernovae/.