[vsnet-comet 19] (fwd) R Cas and CCD profile

Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:35:18 -0300 (ART)
From: <costeira1@yahoo.com>
Subject: R Cas and CCD profile

      Hello friends,

      I read the CCD SONY ICX083/AL instructions
(http://www.sel.sony.com/semi/PDF/ICX083AL.pdf). This device was used
by Korneev in April 11-12 R Cas image (reported by Dr Denissenko).
The ICX083AL is an interline CCD solid-state image sensor suitable
for CCIR black-and-white video cameras with a diagonal 11mm (Type
2/3) system. In page 12 there is the sensibility curve for this
device. That's profile:

wave lenght (nm)   relative sensibility

     500           ~1.0
     600            0.8
     700           ~0.4
     800           ~0.2
     900           ~0.1
    1000           ~0.0

    How this can be correlate with CCD sensibility for red stars like
R Cas? Is Bolometric magnitude inside?

    []s do Alex!

 --- Taichi Kato <tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp> escreveu: > Re: (fwd)
R Cas and Comet Ikeya-Zhang

> >      Is this not caused by the extreme red color of R Cas in the
> > unfiltered CCD?  Or am I missing something here?  The star is
> > R ~5.5 when V is ~10 (see Kornilov et al. 1991TrSht..63....4K),
> > so the observation seems to be about as expected.
>
>    Past MISAO observations (unfiltered CCD) indeed reported mag ~5
> when
> V is ~10.  At maximum, MISAO observations reported mag around 3.

=====
********* Alexandre Amorim ***********
*        Estacao  Costeira1          *
*         Florianopolis/SC           *