[vsnet-comet 17] Re: (fwd) R Cas and Comet Ikeya-Zhang

Re: (fwd) R Cas and Comet Ikeya-Zhang

>      Is this not caused by the extreme red color of R Cas in the
> unfiltered CCD?  Or am I missing something here?  The star is
> R ~5.5 when V is ~10 (see Kornilov et al. 1991TrSht..63....4K),
> so the observation seems to be about as expected.

   Past MISAO observations (unfiltered CCD) indeed reported mag ~5 when
V is ~10.  At maximum, MISAO observations reported mag around 3.

   The following description requires a further explanation.  Could it be
an illusion?

>    The most intriguing point in the whole story is that Korneev saw
> the star visually at first before taking CCD exposures.

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami