[vsnet-chat 5849] Re: V1149 Ori

>      Are the various sorts of variation for this star not in the paper by
> Hall et al.?
>
> 1991AJ....102.1808H
> HALL D.S., FEKEL F.C., HENRY G.W. and BARKSDALE W.S.
> Astron. J., 102, 1808-1812 (1991)
> The 11 year history of starspots on V1149 Ori = HD 37824.

Thanks, Brian, I didn't even think of researching the ADS assuming that no
other data were available...]
It is interesting to note that the GCVS lists it as a 7.2 mag. star in V,
which is not right.
The paper you mentioned mentions periods in the order of 51.1 to 54.4 d. and
a double humped light curve.
I had forgotten that possibility. The 27.5 days period I metnioned agrees
wel then with the longest value reported and the mean 53.58 days found.

I think that the lesson is probably: don't forget to check all soureces
before assuming you are deling with something "new".
I was used to work with Hipparcos EB's with no other data and that caused
this mistake.
Thanks !!
I will not waste more time in this one...
regarding the Cutispoto study and the comparison star HD 37741, given as
8.20 while the SAAO photometry gives 8.175, explains why I had to correct
for a 0.03 mag. difference between Hipparcos dataset and Cutispoto's data.
The right value is then the one by SAAO.
The total range is then V= 6.61 - 7.01 (this minimum from Olsen E.H.
(1993) Astron. Astrophys. Suppl. 102, 89, Stromgren four-colour uvby
photometry of G5-type HD stars brighter
than mv = 8.6.)

Regards,
Sebastian.