[vsnet-chat 5805] Re: ST7E + photolens

Dear Maciej, Taichi, and colleagues,

Taichi Kato wrote in [vsnet-chat 5749]:
>     If you are trying to make survey-type observations with your CCD,
> I can propose an alternative solution.  The PIXY program, used by the
> MISAO project, is equipped with a function (proposed by the Kyoto team)
> to process sequential images on a fixed mount and telescope.  With this,
> you may be able to get survey observations with your fixed Dobsonian
> mount.
>
>     We had experience with our 30-cm telescope (f/3.3 reducer) + ST-7E,
> fixed on mount, which nearly reached 15 mag.  Yoshida-san can possibly
> explain more about the details of this method.  You may even sleep during
> your observation!

As Taichi wrote, the PIXY System 2 could automatically find matching
between those fixed images with star catalogs, obtain image parameters
such as R.A. and Decl. of center, field of view, etc., and measure the
R.A., Decl. and magnitude of stars in the images.

But what sorts of survey styles you select depends on your purpose.

I guess it is very hard to search comets or asteroids in the fixed
survey style.

If you want to search supernovae, you had better aim to galaxies,
instead of the fixed survey.

If you want to search novae, or to measure the magnitude of many known
variable stars, the fixed survey may work. But for those purposes, I
prefer to use wide field camera lens (35-mm or 50-mm focul length)
instead of a large telescope, as we the MISAO Project did.

...Oops. Maciej has already started his survey with 58-mm camera
lens, using the PIXY System 2. Thanks! I believe it will yield so many
magnitude data of variable stars, and maybe novae in the future :-)

Juergen Linder wrote in [vsnet-chat 5757]:
> I looking forward for a answer where the websides are to dowload
> such programs

Please see the MISAO Project Home Page at:

  http://vsnet.aerith.net/misao/

Best regards,

--
Seiichi Yoshida