[vsnet-chat 5626] Cepheid star V2 in M13

Dear Colleagues:

We already have list the light curve of the Cepheid
variable star V2, located in M13: this curve has been
elaborated by my team working throughout 500 days
(between DJ 52076-52575, both inclusively) and
counting with the measurements made in 297 nights (129
in 2001 and 168 in the 2002), with telescopes
installed in Spain, Palma de Mallorca (305 mm, ‘Ca
Nostra’ observatory) and Cáceres (203 mm, ‘Caceres
Observatory) respectively, with CCDs 'StarlighXpress'
and filters 'V' Jonhson.
At the moment it is, surely, the light curve more
complete of this Cepheid star when having almost three
hundreds of measurements.
We obtain a period of 5.111 days, very similar to the
professional (5.110939 days), with a dispersion of
0.05 magnitudes around the magnitude average (mean
error in the measurements: 0.014 magnitudes). We hoped
to improve this precision in the future, with which
the curve of light of the 2003 must be left more
‘slim’ (points morecrowded).
Like always, we can send this curve (in format TIF) to
that us asks for it: it is a document that only
occupies 132 Kb. Shortly we will have also the light
curve of the Cepheid star V6, more difficult to obtain
when stuck being literally to a star of superior
brightness, that also we will make available of that
wishes it.
A greeting from Spain.

Francisco A. Violat Bordonau

=====
Observatorio Astronomico de Caceres
Asociacion de Variabilistas de Espana
Asesores Astronomicos Cacerenos

Asesor Cientifico de InfoGLOBAL, S.A. (Madrid, Spain).

Yahoo! Messenger
Descárgalo ya desde http://messenger.yahoo.es