[vsnet-chat 5473] (fwd) Assistance Needed with Light Curve of V1432 Aql

From: "Donn Starkey" <starkey73@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:05:46 -0500

Taichi:

I need some tutoring in light curve examination!  Please find the composite
of three nights of clear photometry on V1432 Aql at my ftp side at:

http://starkey.ws/FTP%20Page/V1432%20Aql%20%20composite%20Photometry.jpg

  I have superimposed the curves and used the maxima as a synchronization
point.  I was refocusing during the minima on the JD515 curve, so I may have
missed the actual
minima.

Why don't the minimas and the later parts of the curves more closely
overlap?

Are there actually 2 maximas and minimas per cycle [phase], and I am only
catching 1/2 of the total cycle?

Thanks!

The price of freedom is constant vigilance.
Donn Starkey
starkey73@mchsi.com
http://starkey.ws
AAVSO Observer SDB  -  CBA Indiana  -  VSNET Observing Team