[vsnet-chat 5125] Re: (fwd) RV: [vsnet-obs 38590] Observations of 02/21/2002

> main cause, one would expect a similar number of *brighter* observations
> before outbursts.  However, the reality is that these observations are
> predominantly seen after outbursts of some specific observers.  We
probably
> need a better (psychological??) explanation of the phenomenon...

Dear Taichi,

Some explains from my mind are:

-some unknown CVs flashes. As BY Cam but... do we know
 any such events from phisics side of course? I wonder
 about T Leo which few times was seen bright but unconfirmed
 by others. One of these sights was detected by Michel Verdenet,
 knowing observer which observed T Leo possible for years.
 Did he misidentified T Leo? As I remeber he was sure about his
 observation.
-comparision star(s) is(are) variable (rapid?)
-problem which I call 'small scopes problem' Under bad seeing
and low power human eye see too much. As in IR Gem case. Sometimes
I also suspected IR bright but due low power I cannot it confirmed.
I ask some time ago Timo, what I should to do in this case. Ad his answer
was simple: for unsure estimates use : or ::. I think that's the problem
becouse some observers don't know (??) about this mark.
-Jose wrote about U Gem: 'perhaps I locate erroneously the star field's of
this variable.'. As I said please make sure about field. In my session, when
I'm not sure, I have two ways: charts in my two AAVSO folders or delete
observation...

Best regards,
Maciej