[vsnet-chat 5047] (fwd) OGLE-II variables

(fwd) OGLE-II variables

   Forwarded because of likely public interest.  Message from G. A. Good:

---

   Regarding the OGLE-II variables, are a large number of these stars going
to need more careful study?
   What can amateur astronomers do to help? Are there approved
protocols/methods/techniques that must be followed so that any work done by
amateurs is valid?
   I know it's early since this article just came out but I'm wondering if
this is just going to provide a catalog that is going to sit somewhere and
never really become something until decades pass or if it could become a
focal point for interested amateurs who can assist in some way.

Respectfully,

Gerry A. Good
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA