[vsnet-chat 4271] Re: Dedication !!!

Re: [vsnet-chat 4269] Dedication !!!

> >>GEMU      20010418.847      14.1   CMG observing in rain!<<
>
> I doubt there are many of us who can match this kind of dedication and
> determination! And a 14th magnitude observation yet!

   It is not infrequent for variable star observers (paricularly in my
country) to make observations in rain.  An umbrella is usually our necessary
equipment in our CCD photometry observation.  We are frequently obliged to
stand with an umbrella over the telescope during CCD runs ;-)

   As a visual observer, I had an experience to spend hours looking for
cloud holes in vain.  The only star I could observe on that night was
VY Aqr in late morning, which was caught in outburst (1986).
[This was in May, and I might have spent hours totally differently if I had
been a birdwatcher (as now) at that time.]