[vsnet-chat 3915] dawn of 2001

How many of you saw your first sunrise of the millennium?

Around here, there were a surprisingly large number of
people who made an effort to be in a clear spot to witness
the event. Reminded me of the dawn service on Anzac Day
(when we commemorate those killed by our wars).

And of course I fulfilled a long-cherished ambition by
simultaneously listening to the only appropriate music for
the occasion. Which coincidentally lasts for almost exactly
as long as it takes the Sun to rise!

cheers,
Fraser Farrell