[vsnet-chat 3683] re V Boo : also astro-ph preprints

re Pulsational theory including closely spaced frequencies.

Recently Lazlo Kiss and others made availabe online a couple of preprints
on these sorts of topics with special reference to particular LPVs.

I can't remember all the details, but I'm sure they decided a couple of
semiregulars had beat effects in their long term lightcurves due to very
close periods.  Trouble is, I can't remember which stars either.

Lazlo used to be on one of the vsnet lists, but he's probably busy and
missed these posts.

So, I suggest you go to http://xxx.soton.ac.uk/find/astro-ph and use the
search routines there to search on papers with "Kiss" as one of the authors
over the past year or so.  You should find a couple of papers on LPVs that
are marked "I" and "II" [ie 1 and 2 in roman numerals] in their titles.
There are links to these preprints that allow you to download them as
postscript or pdf files.  One of these papers will be of great interest to
you.

Let me know if you get really stuck and can't find them or can't get this
search engine to work and I'll try and dig them out myself.

The above URL is the UK mirror for these preprints... ...I believe the
master one is xxx.lanl.edu or similar in the US, and there is also an
Italian mirror, a Japanese mirror, and probably many more.

A daily look at http://xxx.soton.ac.uk/list/astro-ph/recent can lead to
some interesting papers, such as the two on the "Faint Sky Variability
Survey" that cropped up yesterday.  Implications re a future ability to
observe outburst object rise time behaviour from faint precursor states for
the covered fields are evident??????possibly...

Ironically, as all these preprint papers are not yet published, and as the
ADS service holdings often end around 1996, the years 1996-1998 can be the
hardest years to get papers for online!  Although some will still survive
in preprint form at astro-ph.

Finally, so as not to mislead, I note that not every paper going is
presented to astro-ph... ...it seems to be based on voluntary contributions
from authors, and possibly not all journals allow this.

Cheers

John